TYPES AND AMOUNTS OF GRANTS AWARDED
Benton Telecommunications Foundation awards grants up to $25,000.
For requests under $2,000 the Small Grant Application is required.
For requests over $2,000 a 50% match and the Full Grant Application is required.
AREAS OF INTEREST:
The foundation emphasizes grant making in the following areas:
Programs and initiatives which promote an integrated approach to healing and wellness including the mind, body, heart and spirit.
Basic Human Needs and Services:
Programs and initiatives which provide funds and assistance to suffering individuals and families who may need the following due to poverty, illness, sudden loss of property, or the result of a natural or civic disaster.
Educational and Personal Development:
Programs and initiatives for youth and adults leading to personal growth, societal impact and a deeper understanding of the world and its’ diverse cultures.
- Emphasis on youth leadership and mentoring.
Programs designed to develop and improve communities, with an emphasis on the municipalities located in Benton County, Minnesota.
The Foundation considers the following factors in review of applications:
- The potential benefit of the proposed activities of the particular population to be served and to the community as a whole.
- The capacity of the organization or individual to achieve the desired results.
- The adequacy of the projected budget and time period for achieving the desired results.
- The likelihood of future support for ongoing operating costs from other sources.
- The level of financial need of people whose circumstances may be the result of a natural, civil or personal disaster.
- Others factors which are deemed relevant by the Foundation and are reasonable related to the charitable purposes of the Foundation.